COMP Cams Engine Break-In Oil Additive 159 Free Shipping
Memphis, TN − The COMP Cams series of Quick Tech Videos now includes a how-to instructional video demonstrating proper flat tappet camshaft break-in procedures.... 1/04/2015 · my new motor 360 371 now with 525 lift with 1.6rockers all comp cams my engine builder told me no fire it up we let it run and he adjusted carb and timing and said go drive around town don't idle over 1 minute and don't take it over 4 g and drive for 1/2 hour and pull It back in .
Lifter Installation and Valve Adjustment for Hydraulic and
In order for your new COMP Cams® camshaft to be covered under any warranty, you must use the recommended COMP Cams® lifters and valve springs. Failure to install new COMP Cams® lifters and valve springs with your new cam can cause the cam lobes to wear excessively and cause engine failure.... Comp Cams reveals new engine break-in method, similar to one used by top engine builders, that has shown reduced wear on camshafts and components.
Break In Procedure Myth The AMC Forum - Page 1
A technical bulletin from Comp Cams and the recommendation from Crower to use high zinc content oils for break-in of flat-tappet cams comes in response to the growing problem of cam failure during initial break-in. Joe Gibbs Driven BR is the only fully formulated oil designed specifically for breaking in flat-tappet cams. after the trade is made free ebook download pdf "relationship," we strongly recommend the use of COMP Cams@ Camshaft Break-ln Oil Additive (Part #159) during the break-in. While this additive was originally developed specifically for break-in protection, subsequent testing has proven the durability benefits of its long term use. This special blend of additives promotes proper break-in and protects against premature cam and lifter failure by
cam break in oil 1400ppm ZDDP - 429-460.com
30/11/2013 · If i've heard of "flat cams",the break in procedure was wrong,or it was an assembly issue..... I'm going to go for it despite my posts,and was anyways,but,just trying to get a grasp on why....but I get it. complete sccm 1511 installation guide pdf download 23/04/2007 · Throw in a bottle of Comp Cams break-in oil additive too, and you should be good. My local race shop will refuse to sell you a flat tappet cam unless you buy a bottle of Comp Cams additive along with it, so there must be something to it.
How long can it take?
COMP Cams Thumpr™ COMP Performance Group Stores
- Camshaft Degreeing Procedure Vehicle Technology
- For more information see www.cranecams
- CAMS jegs.com
- COMP Cams Thumpr™ COMP Performance Group Stores
Comp Cams Break In Procedure Pdf
break-in procedure for flat tappet camshafts. Important: On hydraulic flat tappet cams that require dual valve springs, the inner spring must be removed during break-in. Also, we do not recommend the use of synthetic motor oils during the break-in process. Engines should be filled with a non-synthetic, heavy-duty motor oil along with COMP Cams® Break-In Oil Additive (Part #159). This allows
- A. Incorrect Break-In Lubricant – Use only the Moly Paste, Part Number 99002-1 that is included with the cam. This Moly Paste must be applied to every cam lobe surface, and to the bottom of every lifter face of all flat tappet cams. Roller tappet cams only require engine oil to be applied to the lifters and cam. B. Correct Break-In Procedure – International Journal of Innovative Technology
- Cam Break in Download as PDF, TXT or read online from Scribd. Flag for inappropriate content
- Before installing the camshaft apply an ample amount of either Ravenol Break In SAE 30 oil or the supplied camshaft and lifter installation lube (COMP Cams® Part #153 or similar) to the cam lobes, journals, distributor gear, and coat the bottom of the lifters.
- 12/09/2008 · the flat tappet in my engine has 175 and 400 lbs on three different sticks and have had good luck so far. this time I used penzoil 25 50 off road race oil it was cheap and has all the good stuff.I also used 2 bottles of comp cams additives.and I used …